There is plenty of good happening across Kennebec County, but we recognized that organizations aren’t always moving in the same direction toward the same goals. United Way of Kennebec Valley and its Board of Directors began researching and gauging public interest in a community-wide goal-setting initiative in early 2020. Dozens of early conversations with community leaders garnered support for this one-of-a-kind effort that aimed to unite businesses, nonprofits and government entities across Kennebec County under one shared vision for the first time.
In 2021, UWKV convened a Goal-Setting Council to establish measurable and achievable community-wide goals that will lead to long-lasting impact. Doing so will foster more focused and more informed work across the region. And sharing data and performance measures means stronger collective alignment. By 2032, Kennebec County will have achieved these 10-year community goals, and we’ll track our progress publicly every step of the way.
Goal-Setting Council established with members from the business, nonprofit and government sectors across Kennebec County
- Conducted survey of community members who live, work and play in Kennebec County, gathering feedback from nearly 700 people
- Hosted five community listening sessions throughout Kennebec County, hearing from an additional 60+ community members
Three expert panels focused on health, education and financial stability begin meeting regularly to review data and eventually recommend goals
Expert panels recommend goals, indicators and strategies to the Goal-Setting Council
Goal-Setting Council refines goals, identifies early endorsers, and prepares to launch
Launch Impact2032 community-wide goals to the public
- Businesses, nonprofits and government entities sign a Letter of Endorsement, committing time and resources to support the 10-year goals in ways that align with their work. Submit regular data to UWKV
- UWKV convenes an Impact2032 Cabinet to oversee progress toward goals
- UWKV regularly reports progress to the public in order to enact substantial, community-wide change over 10 years
121 Commercial Street
Augusta, ME 04330